Privacy and Cookie statement
General Privacy and Cookie statement
This website is managed by Ajax NV
If you use Ajax’s website and app and the products and services available via the website, your personal data will be collected by us. Moreover, our website and app will also store a number of cookies on your device. These are used to improve the app and website’s functionality on your device.
Please find below some information about what personal data Ajax can collect, why we do this and what we do with the data. We will also explain which cookies we use and why. This statement covers our entire website and app: it therefore applies to all visitors, as well as if you buy a ticket for a match, purchase something from our Fanshop, use our app or subscribe to our newsletter.
In order to increase the functionality and speed of this website and our app and tailor it to your preferences, we collect certain information regarding your use. We do this by using cookies and similar technologies that send and store small text files to your computer, tablet and/or mobile when you visit our website or use our app. The information stored in those cookies is then returned to our own secure servers or those of the relevant third parties on your next visit. You can disable 'cookies' via the settings in your browser. However, as a result it is possible that not all features of our website will operate as intended.
• enable certain features of the website and app and to protect the website and app (technical or functional cookies);
• analyse the use of the website and app and use that analysis to improve the website and app (analytical cookies);
• make the browsing experience more interesting for the visitor by showing advertising that matches your interests (advertising cookies);
• enable you to email, print or share a page via social media (social media cookies);
Please note: the privacy policies of third parties may change regularly.
Technical or functional cookies
The analytical cookies that we use for this purpose are:
• Hotjar (this cookie provides various functionalities to be able to receive feedback about the browsing activities of visitors. You can read more about Hotjar on Hotjar's website);
• BlueConic Plugin (This plugin allows us to collect data about the visitor and the actual browsing behaviour. You can read more about Blueconic on BlueConic’s website);
In addition to the cookies listed above, we use the following advertising cookies in order to improve our online advertising and to provide us with insight into our campaign performance:
• Google Safeframe (this cookie ensures that Ajax keeps control over what data from visitors is transferred to third parties whose cookies we are using. You can read more about Google Safeframe on the creator IAB’s website);
Social Media cookies
Many cookies have an expiration date. If an expiration date has been set, the cookie will automatically be deleted when the expiration date expires. You can also choose to delete cookies yourself before the expiration date has expired. Please refer to your browser manual for more information.
How do we obtain your personal data?
When you use the Ajax website or app and other products and/or services, you will sometimes provide us with personal data.
This can happen in the following situations:
• When you order a season ticket, club card or a ticket for a football match,you must leave your name, date of birth, address, email address, payment details and sometimes even your telephone number with us.
• When you create a My Account, we ask you to give us some information, such as your name, address, date of birth or interests. We also keep track of the products you have purchased via My Account.
• When you contact our Fancare department - by email, phone or Twitter - we store your contact details and keep records of your question or comment. Calls may also be recorded for training purposes.
• If you use our app, information about you will be used, including location data that is kept in the background.
• Ajax can track how you use the website and app and which sections of the website and app you visit. That information can be linked to your Account (if you have one) or to the unique identifiers of the device you are using to visit the site or app.
What do we do with your personal data?
Ajax stores and processes your data for the following purposes, based on an agreement we have with you, our legitimate interest or after having received your consent:
• Delivering the products and services you have purchased from us;
• Settlement of payments;
• Sending and providing (sometimes tailored and relevant to you) information about the products and services you have purchased from us;
• Sending special offers for Ajax products and Ajax promotions and competitions, possibly in cooperation with our commercial partners;
• Carrying out surveys among Ajax fans about the products and services they purchase;
• Creating a personal newsletter that is tailored to your preferences and interests, taking into account your previous orders and purchases;
• Maintaining a contact history.
• Creating a profile for personalizing our offer. In doing so, we combine your general information such as age and place of residence with information from other sources, such as the average income in your place of residence. When using the app, your location data can be used to send relevant messages about, for example, crowds around the stadium, the weather, or personalized offers.
• When activating match cards via the app, a health check is performed. Ajax is legally obliged to check whether you have complaints that match the corona virus. The answers you give cannot be viewed by anyone but yourself and are not stored.
How long do we store your personal data?
We store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we obtained the personal data.
How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data is stored and transferred securely. Anyone who doesn’t need to have access to your personal data, simply will not be able to get access to it. Ajax strives to store and transfer your personal data using the latest security technology and encryption methods.
With whom does Ajax share your personal data?
Ajax will always treat your personal data as confidential. We will never sell your data to other parties. However, Ajax does sometimes make personal data available to other parties. To the extent required by law, we will of course only do so with your express permission.
In a number of cases it is necessary to make your details available to third parties so that we can deliver our products and services. This is particularly the case when we use the services of third parties to process your order, such as a delivery service or our fulfilment party. Ajax is also obliged - under the KNVB standard conditions - to transfer the personal data of season ticket and club card holders to the KNVB for security reasons and for the enforcement of stadium bans. This data transfer does not require your permission. The third party concerned will only store the personal data for as long as necessary to deliver the product or service.
Ajax will also transfer your personal data to third parties if required to do so by law.
In some cases we may share your personal data with our exclusive commercial partners so that they can contact you with special offers or for us to get a better idea of your interests. If we need legal permission to do so, we will ask you to give your consent when you leave your details with us, for instance, when you register somewhere on the website or in our app. You can always let us know that we are no longer allowed to transfer your data for these purposes.
All third parties with whom Ajax shares your personal data are obliged to respect your privacy and, like Ajax, to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation. They are also obliged to store and process your data securely.
Contact, emailing and advertising
Sometimes Ajax or one of our commercial partners will contact you, for example, to inform you about an offer or to give you information about a game for which you have a ticket. Whether we do this and how we do this depends on whether or not you have given us permission to do so. You can always indicate that you no longer want us or our commercial partners to contact you.
Below you will find an explanation of when, how and under which conditions Ajax or its commercial partners will contact you. You can also read about how you can indicate that you no longer want to be contacted.
Ajax and its commercial partners may contact you for the following reasons:
• If you have signed up for Ajax Matchmail or the personal newsletter. You can always unsubscribe via the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
• If you have bought any Ajax products or services, for example an item in the Ajax Fanshop, Ajax can send you offers by email for similar products or services that you may also be interested in. This does not require your permission.
• If you have purchased a ticket for a particular match, Ajax can send you important practical information about that match. It is important that you receive this information.
• If you have indicated that you would like to receive information from our exclusive commercial partners, you may receive newsletters and offers from those commercial partners by post or via email.
• If you have given us permission to share your data with our commercial partners, they may contact you by telephone. Ajax itself can also contact you by phone to highlight a particular offer.
How to stop receiving commercial communications.
You can always indicate that you no longer wish to receive commercial or charitable communications, even if you previously indicated that you did want to receive this. We will never charge you for unsubscribing.
Communication from sponsors or commercial partners of Ajax
If you no longer wish to receive emails and/or text messages from sponsors or commercial partners of Ajax, you can always indicate this to the sender of those emails. Every email you receive from a sponsor or commercial partner contains a link that allows you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive messages from that sender.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by telephone, you can register your phone number in the Dutch Do Not Call Registry. You can contact this registry here [www.bel-me-niet.nl]
You can also always let us know that we are no longer allowed to share your personal data with our sponsors and commercial partners for this purpose (the so-called 'right to object'). You can do that HERE . Of course, we will process your request free of charge.
Communication from Ajax
If you no longer wish to receive any commercial notifications from Ajax, you can unsubscribe. You can do this by clicking on the link in a message sent by Ajax. For example, you can unsubscribe from a newsletter or indicate that you no longer wish to receive any offers from Ajax.
You can also let us know at any time that we are no longer allowed to use your personal data to inform you of offers or to make charity requests (the so-called 'right to object'). You can do that HERE . Of course, we will process your request free of charge.
Are you under the age of 16?
If you are a minor, i.e. under 16 years of age, you can only consent to the processing of your personal data with the consent of one of your parents or your legal guardian. In that case, it is important that your parent(s) or guardian read this statement. They can also exercise the rights you have with regard to the personal data we collect about you, such as the right to object to the (further) processing of your personal data or the right to access and the right to correct your data.
Access to your data?
You can always get access to the data that Ajax has about you, free of charge. You can also ask Ajax to change your data if it is factually incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant. Click on www.ajax.nl/contact to find the contact details.
You can also contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you have any complaints about the way Ajax handles your personal data.
The website and the personal data you leave there are managed by Ajax NV, Johan Cruijff Boulevard 29, 1101 AX Amsterdam, P.O.Box 12522, 1100 AM Amsterdam. If you have any questions and/or comments about this Privacy and Cookie statement, please feel free to contact us via www.ajax.nl/contact. We have appointed a data protection officer who can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third party websites and apps
This Privacy and Cookie statement is not applicable to third party websites or apps that are accessed via links on this website or our app.
Changes to the Privacy and Cookie statement
Ajax reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement. It is advisable to consult this Privacy Statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes. The most current version can always be found on the website or in our app.