AFC Ajax has announced its half-yearly figures. Over the first 6 months of the 2017-2018 financial year it has realised a net profit of €16.9 million.
* Ajax has made a net profit of €16.9 million over the first 6 months of the 2017-2018 financial year.
* The operational result is €4.4 million negative, mainly due to the lack of income from the group stage of a European tournament.
* The total compensation amount is €27.2 million positive. This comprises the write-off on the compensation amount of €10.7 million and the result compensation amount of €37.9 million. The result compensation amount primarily concerns the transfers of Davinson Sánchez, Kenny Tete and Jairo Riedewald.
* The net turnover amounts to €46.8 million, which is a decrease of €8.0 million.
* The total operating charges are €51.2 million, a decrease of €0.9 million.
* The total equity rises by €16.6 million to €175.5 million, 67.0% of the balance sheet total in the first six months of the 2017-2018 season.
* The squad of the first team now consists of 26 selected players. In addition 5 contracted players are loaned out and 38 players have a youth contract.
The analyses and the ensuing financial overview concern the period from 1 July 2017 through to 31 December 2017 and are compared to those of the period 1 July 2016 through to 31 December 2016.